- Leiden , The Netherlands
- Bachelor / Master
About the Job
At Heerema Marine Contractors, we do something new every day. With the world’s largest crane vessels, we transport, install and dismantle offshore wind structures and ultra-heavy offshore platforms, taking to ever-deeper waters in increasingly isolated locations and amidst exceptional weather conditions.
Structural engineers are the cornerstone of every project in the HMC business units of Wind, T&I or Decommissioning. You will learn the ropes and contribute in our diverse portfolio of projects, tenders, studies and developments. You will tackle challenges which have never been done before and optimize our ways of working by creating sustainable value in finding solutions for re-using equipment and materials.
You will have the opportunity to go offshore on our vessels and see your designs and work in action, supporting our fleet with anything that requires a bright technical mind and pro-active attitude. You have a learning mindset. You are open to feedback, curious and eager to learn. You are enterprising at heart, have a pioneer’s spirit and take control of your own work and development.
Your daily tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Design steel structures such as grillage and sea fastening and everything that is needed for a cross-Atlantic journeys on our barges, tugs and crane vessels or on chartered HLVs;
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements;
- Design lifting appliances, frames, spreaderbars and lift points;
- Perform structural hand calculations, utilize structural analysis software and prepare professional design reports;
- You work in close collaboration with the project teams keeping in mind operation limits and the right procedure to execute the job;
- Be a reliable partner to the project teams by keeping stakeholders informed and look ahead to identify bottlenecks;
- Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings);
- Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues but also of subcontractors/third parties;
- Contribute to a continuous improving and learning organization by i.e. actively sharing knowledge and experiences and identifying and providing follow up to subjects for improvement.
You are a team player who organizes and plans their own work and the involvement of others effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Next to this you take the different interests of different divisions of the organization and mutual relations into account on your own initiative. You recognize the effects and results of your decisions or activities on other parts of the organization.
Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar;
- A structural engineering background is preferred;
- Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema Marine Contractors’ in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
Internship 3D Modeler & Texture Designer
Looking for an internship 3D Modelling & Texture Design within an international offshore company?
- Read more
(Sr.) Engineer - Decommissioning
Do you, as an engineer, drive creative solutions, are you a team player and a great networker?
- Read more
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.