- Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
Heerema Marine Contractors is a leading marine contractor in the offshore industry. We take pride in doing what others can’t do. We excel at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. At Heerema, we have a strong and proud family culture and cherish our heritage. It is in our DNA to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable services, on time and within budget. Together we get the job done!. Together with colleagues and clients, our engineers work in dedicated multi discipline project teams in order to provide constructive and workable solutions for these technically challenging projects. As engineers, we know that good ideas often are technical and complex. These good ideas need to be communicated via a clear visualization. In order to support our visual design team we are looking for a creative and inventive 3D modeler and texture design intern.
You will be exposed to a variety of projects modeling technical products for offshore operations. You will be assigned to the Animation & Simulation teams supporting all programs and creativity requiring low poly modeling and detailed UV texturing of the models. Your design skills are expected in polishing your work.
Your daily activities include:
- Creating new 3D models as well as work on existing 3D models for our Simulation Center, drawing office, visualizations and designs
- Modeling and Materialize in 3DS max
- Working together with project designers and engineers
- Creating visualizations for animations, in-house and/or client presentations and desktop publishing purposes
- Solving and/or support the technical challenges in Concept Design
- Creating 3D simulations for installation procedures with Heerema’s vessels
The ideal 3D Modeler intern will possess digital smarts, a passion for creative and inventive ways to quickly complete low poly, but highly detailed 3d models for the animation and simulation teams. Using your artistic approach in texturing to provide the needed detail without having to increase the models poly count. You know which available software is best for getting the job done.
You are / you have:
- Enrolled in a bachelor program on Creative Media and Game Technologies;
- A proven record in making low poly models for animations in 3D Studio Max;
- Experience with Photoshop;
- Preferred experience with Rhino, Inventor, Unity 3D Pro, MicroStation, Flight Creator and Blender;
- Efficient with work preparation and planning, knowing when enough is enough to get the job done;
- Eager to learn and always looking for new 3D techniques;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
What we offer
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility (by public transportation or by car) from Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and Leiden;
- Support by highly knowledgeable and skilled professionals. Every Intern is assigned a Senior Supervisor with several years’ experience;
- Possibilities to expand your professional network and build a relationship with your fellow Interns and Graduates.
Do you want to strengthen our animation team and be involved in presenting challenging projects?
- Read more
Can you analyze internal and external data and translate this into dashboards and KPI’s and advice to the Board?
- Read more
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.