- Leiden , The Netherlands
- Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As a Working Student you will work together with a group of structural engineers in one of the business units. The structural engineers analyse and design all items, mostly steel, required for a safe and efficient offshore execution of heavy structures. Items you will be working on are for example lift rigging, steel grillages and vessel capacities.
- Update and check structural design reports
- Prepare simple calculations, memo’s and reports yourself
- Contribute to improvements and developments within the Structural Engineering group
- General support and administrative tasks
You are enthusiastic, flexible and pro-active. From day 1 you are part of the team and your responsibilities increase rapidly. You will pick up all kinds of work and have a can-do mentality. Furthermore, you are:
- A Bachelor or Master student in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Offshore Engineering or equivalent
- Be able to work independently and in a structured way while delivering quality
- Eager to learn
- Communication skills in English, both spoken and written.
- You are available 1 or 2 fixed days a week and possibly more during the holidays
- You can start full-time the first 3-4 weeks during the summer 2021
What we offer
- Relevant working experience
- Flexibility to combine work with studying
- Nice and informal working atmosphere
You are encouraged to apply on this vacancy. Please note however the actual start date is pending on the covid-19 restrictions and the governmental advice regarding working in the office.
Internship 3D Modeler & Texture Designer
Looking for an internship 3D Modelling & Texture Design within an international offshore company?
- Read more
Do you want to strengthen our animation team and be involved in presenting challenging projects?
- Read more
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.