- Leiden , The Netherlands
- Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As a Senior/Specialist Foundation Engineer you are working in the foundation engineering team, providing geotechnical related support for product & business development, studies, tenders and commercial projects within one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning). Together with other discipline engineering teams you are working in the Strategy & Technology department.
You have a positive attitude, a ‘can do’ mentality, and take responsibility. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset, are insurgent and obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
The Foundation Engineering department
Right from the founding of Heerema Marine Contractors almost 60 years ago, the Foundation Engineering department has taken a crucial position in the Heerema’s business. One the core of Heerema’s activities is the foundation installation. Apart from the main stream of pile driving using the world’s heaviest hammers, these activities involve from time to time other challenging foundation types such as suction foundations, gravity base structures, drilled piles and large diameter monopiles. Latest developments involve the silent foundations such as screwed and pushed-in pile types. Furthermore the combination of new areas with different and unfamiliar response of soil properties and new markets such as wind parks are challenging.
In your role as senior/specialist foundation engineer you will play a key position in beforementioned activities and challenges. In particular the new developments ask for a high level of geotechnical skills. We expect you to bring in 5-8 years of experience in geotechnics as well as some affinity with (3D) Finite Element Modelling of soil and digital processing of large amounts of soil data. Next to that, you will contribute to and be responsible for the daily work of the department, which involves:
- Preparation of foundation installation works, involving advice on pile driveability, optimized installation procedures, on-bottom stability, noise mitigation;
- Preparation and execution of offshore monitoring programs;
- From time to time offshore guidance of foundation installation works on board of our crane vessels.
- Team player; you will work together with other geotechnical engineers;
- Bachelor and / or Master degree in Civil Engineering, preferably with some geotechnics in your package;
- Working experience (5-8 years) in geotechnics;
- Some affinity with FEM modelling and handling large (geotechnical) datasets;
- Affinity with structural mechanics is a pre;
- Experience with preparing and/or offshore execution of large OD piles installation is a pre.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
ROV & Subsea Tooling Engineer
Do you want to provide tender- and project support with respect to ROV and subsea tooling engineering?
- Read more
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.