- Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
Would you like to work in the team of world`s most advanced offshore simulator?
Video for impression: www.youtube.com/watch
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) is a leading marine contractor in the offshore industry. We take pride in doing what others can’t do. We excel at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. At HMC, we have a strong and proud family culture and cherish our heritage. It is in our DNA to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable services, on time and within budget. We are dedicated people that show initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and take ownership. HMC recruits highly qualified people and maintains the highest standards of quality and safety through reliable processes. Together we get the job done!
In HMC the Simulation Engineer is responsible for high fidelity simulation content, which will be used to verify HMC’s most challenging procedures and train operators. You need to be able to build practical simulation models representing complex physical behaviour of our ships and equipment. You will work together with the projects teams delivering the scope input and offshore vessel operators during preparation and execution of the simulation.
If you can think and act as an engineer and understand how an operator thinks, please continue reading…!
You work in a team, together with other Simulation Engineers and Visual Modelers. You create the required models and the simulation exercises to achieve the simulation goals and make the simulation to a success. As a Simulation Engineer you are responsible for technical set-up and execution of simulation.
- Create the simulation content by gathering the input from the project team, and working together with the visual modelers;
- Lead the simulation projects by having regular progress meetings with the project team to keep the expectations for the simulation execution aligned;
- Operate the simulator during the simulation execution and capture logged simulation data. Share lessons learnt with your colleagues;
- … and off course, responsible for the quality of the models and having the simulation ready in time.
- 0-5 years of work experience;
- Good communication skills and a speak-up mentality;
- Efficient with work preparation and planning, knowing when enough is enough to get the job done;
- A collaborative spirit, a sense of humor, and a strong work ethic with a "let's get it done" approach;
- Eager to learn;
- You have a Master degree in Marine Technologies, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
Senior/Specialist Foundation Engineer
Heerema Marine Contractors is in search of a Senior/Specialist Foundation Engineer to strengthen its Foundation Engineering Department.
- Read more
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.