Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As a Foundation Specialist, you work in the Strategy & Technology department. Here you provide geotechnical support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects within one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning). You have a positive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset, are insurgent and obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
As a Foundation Specialist you are responsible for:
- Provide pile design input by performing pile installation analysis, like pile driveability;
- Review on bottom stability and mudmat analyses for substructures (i.e. jackets);
- Involved in selection, design, and allocation of pile installation equipment (i.e. hammers, pile lifting tools, followers, drilling - and airlifting equipment, etc.);
- Offshore monitoring of pile installation, and pile top and hammer sway motions;
- Select and design noise mitigation measures during pile driving to comply with noise regulations;
- Maintain and extend the Foundation Experience Database to keep our models up-to-date;
- Go -offshore to provide Foundation Engineering support on board world’s largest crane vessels.
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed. Next to this you are interested in various divisions of the organization and aware of who the decisions makers and influential people are.
Furthermore, you have:
- Graduated in a Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering;
- Active in geotechnical business for at least 5 years;
- Familiar in reading and understanding soil reports;
- Familiar with geotechnical pile design;
- Familiar with geotechnical related codes;
- Familiar with subject On bottom Stability of structures;
- Interest in learning new (driveability) programs.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
Are you fascinated by the world of megastructures, offshore facilities, such as oil, gas and wind platforms, and would you like to work as a draughtsman on drawings required for offshore installations?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.