Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As ROV intervention & Subsea Tooling Engineer, you will work in a group of specialists with the following disciplines: ROV & Diving, Subsea tooling and Survey & Positioning in the Strategy & Technology department. Here you provide support for product & business development, studies, tenders and commercial projects for the business units Decommissioning, Transport & Installation and Wind.
You have a positive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset, are insurgent and obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
- Tender- and project preparation with respect to ROV intervention and subsea tooling engineering. Work includes writing scope of works, reviewing subcontractor procedures, selecting equipment, determine testing requirements and making define equipment specifications;
- Daily manage the technical interface between ROV & tooling subcontractors (and their suppliers) and HMC project teams;
- Determine effective and economically sound solutions given by subcontractors and latest technology;
- Monitor the offshore execution and reporting of ROV and subsea tooling services;
- Advise project teams on ROV intervention, subsea cutting and dredging operations and propose fit-for-purpose tooling solutions;
- Provide on-site assistance during equipment testing/qualification, mobilization and offshore execution of subsea operations;
- Monitoring market trends and product development in industry related to ROV intervention and subsea tooling.
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed. Next to this you are interested in various divisions of the organization. Also you are aware of who the decision makers and influential people are. Furthermore, you have:
- A bachelor degree in Mechanical/Civil engineering, Ocean Technology, Aeronautical & Aerospace Engineering or equivalent;
- Relevant experience, 3- 5 years, in offshore/subsea operations;
- ROV and/or Subsea equipment design, engineering and operational experience is preferred;
- Experience in a project based environment and willingness to work in specialist teams;
- Experience in managing and working in close cooperation with service providing subcontractors;
- Excellent practical and pragmatic skills;
- Organizational sensitivity;
- Planning & Organizing skills;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices worldwide.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
Specialist Foundation Engineer (on hold)
Are you ready for an exciting career in the offshore industry?
- Read More
Specialist Simulation Engineer (on hold)
Would you like to work in the team of world`s most advanced offshore simulator?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.