Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) is a leading marine contractor in the offshore industry. We take pride in doing what others can’t do. We excel at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. At HMC, we have a strong and proud family culture and cherish our heritage. It is in our DNA to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable services, on time and within budget. We are dedicated people that show initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and take ownership. HMC recruits highly qualified people and maintains the highest standards of quality and safety through reliable processes. Together we get the job done!
As a Specialist Simulation Engineer you will prepare and coordinate simulations for studies, tenders, commercial projects, internal business development products and operator training executed in Heerema’s Simulation Center (HSC). You are assigned to Strategy and Development department and provide support to all Business Units; Transport & Installation, Decommissioning, Wind, and Asset department for operator training and S&T department for product development.
You work in a team, together with a Simulation Facilitator, (Jr.) Simulation Engineers, Visual Modelers. You interface with Kongsberg and their subcontractors to report bugs and find out how to use and expand the capabilities of the simulator. As a Specialist Simulation Engineer you are responsible for creating complex models and the technical set-up and execution of a complex scenarios.
- Preparing models and scenario that have the required capabilities to achieve the simulation objective and still meet performance requirement;
- Act as a mentor and source of information for simulation engineers to improve their modelling skills, efficiency and knowledge about K-Sim;
- Perform software verification and validation tasks to ensure the quality of the HSC;
- Assist in developing efficient workflows for creating models and ensuring their quality;
- Verify and approve work of (Jr.) Simulation Engineers;
- Share knowledge by writing and maintaining wiki pages. When abnormalities are experienced in a simulation you can be asked to investigate and report the issue and come-up with a solution.
- 4-8 years’ experience with engineering simulations;
- Experience with Blender and XML;
- Experience with HSC Simulation Software, familiar to its capabilities and limitations;
- Intrinsically motivated to continuously looking for the edges of the capabilities and trying to find ways to stretch them;
- Strong focus on quality and efficiency;
- Good fault finding capabilities;
- Communication and intercultural skills for maintaining contact with HSC software supplier;
- Efficient with work preparation and planning, knowing when enough is enough to get the job done;
- A collaborative spirit, a sense of humor, and a strong work ethic with a "let's get it done" approach.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 30 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility and parking.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.