Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
Heerema Marine Contractors is a world leader in maritime construction companies for the oil and gas and wind industries and specializes in designing, transporting, installing and removing all types of fixed and floating offshore structures. The Engineering department at Heerema Marine Contractors is responsible for the technical preparation required for the installation and removal of fixed / floating platforms, and the installation of subsea infrastructure. Together with colleagues and customers, our engineers work in dedicated multidisciplinary project teams on constructive and workable solutions for these technically challenging projects. To support the often technically challenging projects, we are looking for a (junior) draughtsman.
Your duties and responsibilities are:
- Contributing to the provision of drawings and models for the offshore projects;
- Collaborate with project designers and engineers;
- Work on drawings for transport, lifting and hoisting work and foundations in the sea that are required for offshore platform installations and removals;
- Making drawings that comply with the Drawing Control procedure and department standards;
- Solving and / or providing support with technical challenges in a structural design;
- Creating 3D simulations and installation controls for projects with Heerema’s ships;
- You work with the tools such as Microstation, Inventor and 3dsMax.
- A completed MBO course in Civil Engineering or Mechanical Engineering;
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience as a Draughtsman
- Be prepared to work temporarily offshore on our ships or abroad;
- A proactive attitude and driven to complete the work well;
- Affinity with work preparation and planning;
- A team player with flexibility;
- You have communication skills in the English language, both orally and in writing.
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- 35 Annual Leave Days;
- A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
- Fitness facilities at the office.
Engineer - Transport, Installation & Removal
Do you, as an engineer, drive creative solutions, are you a team player and a great networker?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.