Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As Tender Coordinator you will support business development activities and are responsible for the coordination of cost estimates and timely preparation of technical tenders in compliance with the Invitation to tender from the client and the pursuit tactics of Heerema Marine Contractors. Your challenge is to ensure that these tenders present a project execution plan that is technically safe, feasible, competitive and cost efficient. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to align all departments, specialists and potential external partners and gather all necessary information to develop a competitive cost estimate and an attractive tender.
Business Unit Wind
The Business Unit Wind is responsible for generating value to Heerema Marine Contractors by winning and executing work in the field of wind energy. In this role you will be part of a team responsible for winning the work. You will be working in an assigned Tender Team, consisting of Tender Manager, Cost Estimator and multiple discipline experts. Furthermore, you have numerous internal and external stakeholders and will be reporting to the Commercial Manager Wind.
As Tender Coordinator, your daily activities are:
- Reviewing the ITT (Scope of Work, drawings, specifications, responsibility matrix and other technical ITT documentation);
- Coordinate and challenge cost estimating efforts;
- Timely tender execution;
- To draft the tender summary;
- To draft and maintain a Tender ITT compliance matrix;
- Align all departments and specialists needed for the tender process in compliance with ITT and Heerema Marine Contractors pursuit strategy;
- Check Heerema Marine Contractors equipment and/or advise for rental or purchase of alternative equipment;
- Supervising and challenging the technical feasibility analysis;
- Timely, effective and efficient hand over of technical project agreements to project team;
- Supervise preparation of a project execution plan;
- Challenge of feasibility and cost efficiency of project execution plan.
As a Tender Coordinator you are eager to present the best possible tender. You are a great connector and know how to get things done. Furthermore, you have:
- A higher Vocational, Bachelor or Polytechnic degree in Commercial or Technical field;
- 5 years’ of experience in the oil and gas industry preferably as Sr. Engineer or Project Engineer;
- Experience and affinity with both the technical and commercial side of offshore projects;
- Easily communicates with all levels within the organization;
- Good technical background establish if method statements make sense;
- A common sense approach to things;
- Good at understanding perspectives of others (internal / external clients);
- Excellent communication skills in English, written and spoken;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel;
- Ability to function under pressure.
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- 35 annual leave days;
- A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
- Fitness facilities at the office.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.