Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
HMC owns the world’s most advanced offshore simulator, Heerema Simulation Center (HSC), which is located in our Leiden Head Office. HSC is used for Business Development, Tender feasibilities, Project verifications, Product Development, Operator training, and testing and verification of offshore systems. HSC is a DNV Class P certified simulator and includes two offshore crane domes, a class 3 DP station, Ballast and Winch simulators. To achieve a highly realistic offshore environment, the simulator features detailed models of our construction vessels and operates as a full-fledged asset.
The HSC is part of the Strategy & Technology (S&T) department. S&T is the home department of HMC’s technology disciplines and will establish a company-wide strategy for technology. S&T will ensure that a fit-for-purpose and future-proof engineering service will be developed and delivered. In order to provide the most efficient and flexible engineering solutions with the right quality.
As the Manager Simulation and Visual Products, you will be responsible for daily operation of Heerema’s Simulation Center and other visual products, like animation, simulation, visual engineering. Your team with 6 reports will consist of a Visual Team Lead, Visual Engineers, Simulation (Center) Specialists and Simulation Engineers.
As Manager Simulation and Visual Products, your daily activities are:
- Managing order intake and capacity of visual design team and simulation center;
- Translation of requests from business - and product development, tender, projects into comprehensible and practical visual products;
- Facilitation of visual design - and simulation sessions;
- Provision of leadership to the visual design engineers and other engineers assigned to the simulation center;
- Maintaining, developing and implementation of software and systems for Heerema simulation center and animation - and visual engineering facilities;
- Performing subcontractor management of suppliers of (ship’s) operating systems and software for implementation in simulation center;
- Provision of stakeholder management towards Business Units and Operations in order to create (added) value with the Simulation Center and visual products for their business;
- Working in close cooperation with various internal disciplines and in a challenging environment with Clients, Marine Warranty Surveyors and Subcontractors.
- Liaising with engineering managers and discipline leads to actively strive for improvement of efficiency of engineering execution.
You are responsible for:
- Quality and representativeness of the simulation center for the simulated offshore operation;
- Effective, efficient, complete and compliant execution of simulation - , animation - and visual engineering sessions;
- Promotion of Heerema’s simulation center towards Clients and Industry representatives;
- Management of Subcontractors from scoping till payment, including relation management and quality of delivered services and goods.
- Consistent, timely, fact driven and fair performance assessment of the team members;
- Agree yearly budget with BoD;
To manage our most strategic and differentiating asset, HSC, we seek a Manager Simulation and Visual Products who is a generalist, entrepreneurial and keeps a clear helicopter view. You work in close cooperation with various internal disciplines and thrive in a challenging environment with Clients, Marine Warranty Surveyors, Subcontractors and other interested parties. You’re able to translate requests from business development, tender, projects and product development in to comprehensible and practical visual products while driving innovation in the fields of training, offshore, technology, new ways of working and safety.
Furthermore, you have:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in project management;
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working with new technology like simulations;
- Affinity with the offshore (or technical) industry;
- Flexible, pro-active, a good communicator who enjoys motivating other people;
- Ability to provide a senior impression to clients;
- Excellent communication skills in English, both written and spoken;
- Flexibility and willingness to travel.
Group leadership, Entrepreneurship, Organisational sensitivity.
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- 35 Annual Leave Days;
- A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
- Fitness facilities at the office.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
Specialist Engineer Survey & Positioning
Would you like to be responsible for providing specialist services and support to tenders and projects?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.