Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
As a Contract Manager you are part of the Business Unit Wind. This business unit focuses on the successful winning and execution of projects.
As a Contract Manager you know your contracts inside out. You have the skill to signal possible obstacles well ahead and to act accordingly.
You will help to draft contracts during the tender phase and will manage the contract in execution. You will ensure that the contractual terms and conditions, including variations, of the contracts for various scopes of work are acceptable to HMC, in order to minimize unfavorable legal or financial consequences for HMC.
You will report to the Managing Legal Counsel and to the Project Manager when assigned to a project. Besides, you will work closely together with all disciplines associated with the project, such as Engineering, Project Management, Procurement, Legal, Tax and Finance.
You have a positive attitude and a ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset and are obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
- Assist and advise the Project Manager on contractual matters, both client and subcontractor related;
- Support the Project Manager during client negotiations;
- Represent HMC in contract matters towards clients, authorities and external parties;
- Set up, negotiate, review and approve variation orders and amendments;
- Maintain an archive of past client contractual terms and conditions and the qualifications thereto;
- Maintain an archive of change order filing and correspondence.
- You have 8 – 10 years’ relevant working experience of which 3 in the offshore or renewables industry or contracting business, preferably with complex projects;
- You are familiar with basic English contract law;
- You have a Masters’ degree in Engineering or Law;
- You have excellent analytical and pragmatic skills;
- You have impeccable communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- You are willing to travel on a regular basis and are open for an assignment abroad should the project at hand require.
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- 35 Annual Leave Days;
- A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
- Fitness facilities at the office.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.