- Offshore , Offshore
- Vocational Education
About the Job
As Rigger Foreman you will be managed and supervised by the Shift Foreman. You will lead your team and supervise the execution of work on deck:
- Responsible for implementing offshore construction activities in a safe manner, in accordance with Heerema procedures and in collaboration with the supervisor;
- Organise and guide the designated rigging and construction works;
- Lead a team assigned to you
- Pass on instructions to the Crane Operators;
- Authority and responsibility to interrupt and remedy all unsafe situations.
- A vocational or bachelor diploma in a relevant subject;
- Additional training in rigging & slinging;
- Affinity with the offshore industry and heavy lift projects;
- Offshore experience with executing and supervising large on-site construction works;
- Preferably 2 years' experience as Rigger Foreman or Deck Foreman / Bosun in an offshore environment;
- An excellent command of Dutch and English, both spoken and written.
What we offer
As Heerema, we are proud to be a world leading marine contractor for the offshore oil and gas industry. Heerema is an international company with a wide range of career potential.
We believe to be an employer of choice, we need to take care of our employees. This is why, if you join Heerema, you will enjoy benefits such as an excellent remuneration package with a competitive salary, an interesting bonus, excellent pension scheme and various insurances. Just as important is a challenging job with a lot of variation and room for own initiative in an informal and professional working environment. Personal development by training and relevant courses is highly stimulated by Heerema. You will work in motivated teams on the largest crane ships with excellent facilities.
Heerema has a 5 weeks on / 5 weeks off working schedule but this may fluctuate due to the nature of our activities.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies
Heerema Marine Contractors does not accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment agencies.
Equipment Resource Coordinator – Slings and Shackles
Do you take the challenge to organize the logistics relating to our Large Slings and Shackle inventory? Are you/do you want to become a technical expect on lift rigging?
- Read more
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.