Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As a Sr. Installation Engineer you provide technical work preparation services in commercial projects, tenders, studies and product development. You will work in multidisciplinary teams on products like heavy lift, removal and wind.
You have a positive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset, are insurgent and obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
•Develop offshore execution methods for offshore projects, define required equipment, concept and detail design of lifting arrangements etc.;
•Perform engineering, technical project preparation and execution support of offshore projects, i.e. heavy lift installation, removal and wind projects;
•Review and organize review of internal and external deliverables (drawings, reports and procedures);
•Prepare subcontractor Scope of Works.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work and the involvement of others effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Next to this you take the interests of other stakeholders in the organization and mutual relations into account of your own record. You recognize the effects and results of your own decisions or activities on other parts of the organization. Furthermore, you have:
• A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Maritime or Mechanical Engineering;
• A minimum of 5-8 years’ experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore or construction projects;
• Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
• Excellent command of English and Dutch, both verbal and written;
• Supervisory and coaching skills to provide guidance to less experienced engineers;
• The ambition to work (temporarily) offshore on our vessels, overseas or in our other offices;
• Required competences;
• Planning & Organizing skills;
• Organizational sensitivity;
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- 35 Annual Leave Days;
- A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
- Fitness facilities at the office.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies
Would you like to be involved as a Structural Engineer in technical challenging offshore projects?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.