Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As Foundation Engineer, you work in the Strategy & Technology department. Here you provide geotechnical support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects within one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning)
- Provide pile design input by performing pile installation, like pile driveability analysis;
- Review on bottom stability and mudmat analyses for substructures (i.e. jackets); Involved in selection, design, and allocation of pile installation equipment (i.e. hammers, pile lifting tools, followers, drilling - and airlifting equipment, etc.);
- Offshore monitoring of pile installation, and pile top and hammer sway motions;
- Select and design noise mitigation measures during pile driving to comply with noise regulations;
- Maintain and extend the Foundation Experience Database to keep our models up-to-date;
- Go -offshore to provide Foundation Engineering support on board world’s largest crane vessels;
You are a team player with a no-nonsense attitude who organizes and plans the work effectively and efficiently. You can handle the pressure to perform complex analysis tasks in challenging offshore conditions and on board the world’s largest crane vessels. You are quality and result oriented and are intrinsically motivated to optimize and automate repetitive tasks.
Furthermore you are;
- graduated in a Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering,
- active in geotechnical business for at least 1 year;
- familiar in reading and understanding soil reports;
- familiar with geotechnical pile design;
- familiar with geotechnical related codes;
- familiar with subject On bottom Stability of structures;
- interest in learning new (driveability) programs.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labour conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension; scheme and various insurance plans;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- Free use of Heerema’s in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility (by public transportation or by car) from Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam, Utrecht and Leiden.
Engineer - Transport, Installation & Removal
Do you, as an engineer, drive creative solutions, are you a team player and a great networker?
- Read More
Would you like to be involved as a Structural Engineer in technical challenging offshore projects?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.