Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) is a world leading marine contractor in the international offshore oil and gas and renewables industry. HMC excels at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. HMC manages the entire supply chain of offshore construction, from design through to completion. Headquartered in Leiden, our services encompass engineering, planning, logistics, project management and execution of projects all over the world. We are proud of our excellence in engineering and project management, our passionate workforce and a fleet that includes formidable heavy lift and construction vessels. Our clients rely on us to develop ground‐breaking solutions.
At HMC, we have a strong and proud family culture and cherish our heritage. It is in our DNA to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable services, on time and within budget. We are dedicated people that show initiative, resourcefulness, creativity and take ownership. HMC recruits highly qualified people and maintains the highest standards of quality and safety through reliable processes. Together we get the job done!
As a Marine Engineer you provide marine support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects. You can be assigned to one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning), HMC’s Simulation Center or work on product development in S&T department.
As a Marine Engineer, your daily activities are:
- Performing hydrostatic and hydrodynamic analyses, such as transportation analyses and lift, launch and upend analyses;
- Performing motion response analyses;
- Performing offshore workability assessments based on offshore environmental data, vessel capabilities and installation limitations;
- Getting acquainted with discipline related work processes, software, guidelines and standards.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Next to this you are showing awareness of the interests that are of importance in various divisions of the organization; and of who the decision makers and influential people are. Furthermore, you have:
- Bachelor and/or Master degree Maritime Engineering, Fluid Dynamics, Aerospace Engineering or a similar degree;
- 0 - 4 years experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
- Knowledge of hydromechanics;
- Analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our other offices.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme, 35 days annual leave and various insurance plans;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of HMC's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility (by public transportation or by car) from Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and Leiden.
Engineer - Transport, Installation & Removal
Do you, as an engineer, drive creative solutions, are you a team player and a great networker?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.