Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
As a Structural Engineer you provide structural support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects. You can be assigned to one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning) or work on product development in S&T department.
You have a positive attitude and ‘can do’ mentality. You think on your feet and are able to bring pragmatic solutions that are in line with the dynamics of a project organization. If you share our commitment, have an owner’s mindset, are insurgent and obsessed with the frontline, then Heerema Marine Contractors is the place for you. Together we get the job done!
• Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and sea fastening;
And / or
• Perform structural strength verification analyses use of software packages such as SACS;
And / or
• Perform Finite Element Analysis by ABAQUS;
• Review structural deliverables (construction reports and drawings);
• Perform quality control on deliverables prepared by colleagues.
You are a team player who organizes and plans work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to easily adapt when needed. Next to this you are interested in various divisions of the organization; and aware of who the decisions makers and influential people are.
Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering;
- A good understanding of offshore structural engineering;
- Excellent analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Excellent command of English, both verbal and written;
- A willingness and enthusiasm to share your knowledge with less experienced junior engineers;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our other offices.
What we offer
- Modern and competitive package of employment benefits;
- 35 Annual Leave Days;
- A market-based salary, 8% holiday allowance and a 13th month pay;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus scheme, a pension scheme and various insurances;
- Challenging, substantive, varied and independent work activities and the possibilities for personal development;
- Excellent working atmosphere;
- A laptop (also for private use);
- Reimbursement of travel expenses;
- A centrally located office with good accessibility and parking;
- Fitness facilities at the office.
For this vacancy HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
Engineer - Transport, Installation & Removal
Do you, as an engineer, drive creative solutions, are you a team player and a great networker?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema Marine Contractors
Heerema Marine Contractors has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. We are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water. Heerema owns the largest crane vessels in the world: Sleipnir, Thialf, Balder and Aegir. In addition, the Heerema fleet has a range of equipment, such as tugs, barges, offshore lifting and pile-driving equipment.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.