Leiden , The Netherlands
Bachelor / Master
About the Job
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) is a world leading marine contractor in the international offshore oil and gas and renewables industry. HMC excels at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. HMC manages the entire supply chain of offshore construction, from design through to completion. Headquartered in Leiden, our services encompass engineering, planning, logistics, project management and execution of projects all over the world. We are proud of our excellence in engineering and project management, our passionate workforce and a fleet that includes formidable heavy lift and construction vessels. Our clients rely on us to develop ground‐breaking solutions.
As a Jr. Structural Engineer you provide structural support for product & business development, study, tender and commercial projects. You can be assigned to one of the business units (Transport and Installation, Wind or Decommissioning) or work on product development in S&T department.
As a Jr. Structural Engineer, your daily activities are:
- Perform concept and detail design of offshore fit for purpose lifting arrangements and steel structures, such as lifting appliances, lift points, lift arrangements and grillage and sea fastening;
- Perform structural strength verification analyses, including advanced non-linear Finite Element Analysis by use of software packages such as SACS and ABAQUS;
- Familiarize with discipline related work processes, guidelines and standards.
You are a team player who organizes and plans the work effectively and efficiently. You are quality and result oriented and have the ability to adapt easily when needed. Furthermore, you have:
- A Bachelor and/or Master degree Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering;
- Some experience in engineering, project preparation and execution of offshore projects;
- Basic knowledge of structural and mechanical engineering;
- Analytical, practical and pragmatic skills;
- Good communication skills in English, both spoken and written;
- The ambition to work (temporarily) at yards, offshore on our vessels or in our offices.
- You are able to take ownership;
- Result orientated;
- Team player.
What we offer
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme and various insurance plans;
- Holiday; 35 working days;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team;
- An informal working environment with international colleagues;
- A centrally located office with a good accessibility (by public transportation or by car) from Amsterdam, The Hague, Rotterdam and Leiden.
Engineer - Transport, Installation & Removal
Do you, as an engineer, drive creative solutions, are you a team player and a great networker?
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.