Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
Heerema Marine Contractors (HMC) is a world-leading marine construction company that serves the energy industry. We excel at transporting, installing and removing offshore facilities. These include fixed and floating structures, subsea pipelines and infrastructures in shallow, deep and ultra-deep water. HMC owns and operates a unique fleet that includes heavy‐lift and deep‐water construction vessels as well as a support fleet of tugs and barges.
HMC consistently pushes the boundaries of what is possible in demanding marine conditions. We work on projects that pose unique planning and engineering challenges. Our clients rely on us to develop ground‐breaking solutions. Therefore we are continually looking for a talented Master student with a hands‐on mentality.
As an intern you will you will be trained on the job by a specialist in the Structural Engineering field. Together we will create learning objectives in one or more field of:
- Design lifting arrangements, lift points etc.;
- Design grillage and sea fastening for a variety of structures;
- Perform detailed engineering and hand calculations;
- Perform detailed engineering using software e.g. SACS;
- An interdisciplinary project team and you will be involved in the preparation of a project.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic student who can contribute to solutions for our current and future challenges. Ideally we are interested in the following profile:
- Enrolled in a Civil Engineering of Mechanical Engineering Master program;
- Motivated and a hands-on-mentality;
- Affinity with the offshore industry;
- Good communication skills;
- Good command of the Dutch and English language, both spoken and written;
- Available for at least 16 weeks.
What we offer
Working for Heerema Marine Contractors means being part of an international organization full of unprecedented top talent. We continuously shift our boundaries and going for the highest achievable result. This together makes that your personal growth will accelerate! We also offer a nice package of employment conditions such as:
- An encouraging environment where you can constantly develop your knowledge and skills;
- Support by highly knowledgeable and skilled professionals. Every graduate is assigned two supervisors: a daily Supervisor, who has recently graduated, and a senior supervisor with several years’ experience;
- Possibilities to expand your professional network and build a relationship with your fellow graduates;
- The most talented graduates get the opportunity to continue their career within the company;
- Informal and attractive working environment, free use of the in-house fitness facilities;
- In-company parking garage and at walking distance from Leiden Centraal train station;
- Our headoffice in Leiden is easily accessible by car from The Hague, Rotterdam, Gouda and Amsterdam.
Is this the perfect internship for you? Then we are looking forward to receive your application.
Please send us your resume, grade list (transcript) and motivation letter. Also mention the required period with the start and end date of your graduation assignment.
If your application passes the first selection, you will be invited for an interview with a Recruiter, Discipline Manager and / or and the Supervisor. During the interview we get to know each other better and together we will look into your learning objectives for the internship.
Graduation Thesis - Effect of Time - Varying Current Loads on Station Keeping
Are you looking for a challenging Master graduation assignment in which you can put your acquired knowledge and skills to the test? We can give you this challenge within our Marine Engineering team.
- Read More
Graduation Thesis - Wind Loads on an Offshore Structure
Are you looking for a challenging Master graduation assignment in which you can put your acquired knowledge and skills to the test? We can give you this challenge within our Marine engineering team.
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.