Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
The Engineering department at HMC is responsible for the engineering of all our projects, from the installation or removal of fixed and floating platforms through to the installation of subsea pipelines and infrastructures. The department brings together people from a wide variety of technical and engineering disciplines. Within the Engineering Department Marine Engineering performs essential analyses and calculations for the transportation and installation of offshore structures. When working on location, they provide engineering support for the Vessel Management Team and the Project Team.
HMC consistently pushes the boundaries of what is possible in demanding marine conditions. We work on projects that pose unique planning and engineering challenges. Our clients rely on us to develop ground‐breaking solutions. Therefore we are currently looking for a talented Master student with a hands‐on mentality for our Marine Engineering team.
The DCV Aegir is equipped with a pipelay tower for J-lay and reeling. During operations and Aegir transits, the tower is excited by vessel motions and therefore accumulates fatigue damage. The goal of this graduation thesis is to determine the fatigue damage accumulation of the Aegir pipelay tower in the first 4 years of operation.
You are a highly motivated and enthusiastic student who can contribute to solutions to our current and future challenges. Ideally we are interested in the following profile:
- Master student who is enrolled in a Maritime / Offshore / Structural or comparable Engineering program;
- Affinity with structural dynamics, hydrodynamics and fatigue;
- Knowledge of / experience with Matlab or Python;
- Critical thinker with excellent problem solving skills;
- Independent and enjoys working together;
- Urge to deliver quality and take ownership;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
Does this sound like you? Then read on!
What we offer
Working for Heerema Marine Contractors means being part of an international organization full of unprecedented top talent. We continually shift our boundaries by going together for the highest achievable result. This together makes that your personal growth will accelerate! We also offer a nice package of employment conditions such as:
- Informal working atmosphere with international colleagues;
- An encouraging environment where you can constantly develop your knowledge and skills;
- Support by highly knowledgeable and skilled professionals. Every graduate is assigned two supervisors: a Daily Supervisor, who has recently graduated, and a Senior Supervisor with several years’ experience;
- Possibilities to expand your professional network and build a relationship with your fellow graduates;
- The most talented graduates get the opportunity to continue their career within the company;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facilities;
- Walking distance from Leiden Central Station.
Please send us your resume, as well as your grades list (transcript) and motivation letter. Do not forget to mention the required period and start/end date of your graduation assignment. If your application makes a good first impression, you will be invited for an interview with a Recruiter, Discipline Manager and / or and one of the Supervisors you would be working with. During the interview we will look at the graduation assignment in more detail. You will be able to ask questions, and we can get to know each other. If the interview goes well, you will be asked to elaborate on the topic in a small document that should include the problem and goal definition in your own words, as well as a method statement and planning. In some cases, a second interview may be planned. Finally, if your proposal is approved, you will be offered a graduation assignment at Heerema.
Graduation Thesis - Effect of Time - Varying Current Loads on Station Keeping
Are you looking for a challenging Master graduation assignment in which you can put your acquired knowledge and skills to the test? We can give you this challenge within our Marine Engineering team.
- Read More
Graduation Thesis - Wind Loads on an Offshore Structure
Are you looking for a challenging Master graduation assignment in which you can put your acquired knowledge and skills to the test? We can give you this challenge within our Marine engineering team.
- Read More
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.