Leiden , The Netherlands
About the Job
As an Oracle Developer you are responsible for the development and maintenance of in-house developed Oracle applications and applicable interfaces, at all locations of HMC that make use of these applications. Your main focus is that related business processes are supported by the in-house developed Oracle applications by expanding and maintaining these applications. You are also responsible supporting the end-users and making sure that the interfaces are technically available and up to date. Additional, you identify the areas of improvement with respect to the several applications in order to improve the efficiency of the company. This last task is executed together with the members of the Information Management department.
Our centralized IT department supports the staff in multiple onshore locations worldwide and on various large construction vessels. You will be working to support the organization as an Oracle developer. The in-house developed applications are built with Oracle APEX. Currently the department is rebuilding the Oracle Designer applications with Oracle APEX.
The IS Department as a whole is manned by people who have multiple interests and skills. Although we are looking for someone who has Oracle development skills, we are also looking for a person who has the ambition and skills to also interact with internal clients as an analyst of what the internal client is actually looking to achieve. You will be reporting to the Business Applications Manager within the IS department.
- a Bachelor degree in a relevant field;
- at least 2 years of experience with Oracle APEX development tool and Oracle SQL and PL/SQL;
- a customer focused mentality and you are able to communicate your ideas and solutions to non-technical staff;
- excellent communication skills in Dutch and English, both spoken and written
- If you are just starting your career and you feel that you are able to meet our requirements in a few years’ time, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What we offer
- Informal working environment with international colleagues;
- Excellent secondary labor conditions, such as a bonus payment, a first-class pension scheme, 35 days annual leave and various insurance plans;
- Ample opportunities for personal and professional development;
- Free use of Heerema's in-house fitness facility;
- Opportunities to develop your initiatives within a team.
HMC does not accept unsolicited CVs or applications from agencies.
If you feel that you can add to the performance of Heerema Marine Contractors, you are welcome to upload your resume and your motivation letter or to sign up for our Job Alert.
Working at Heerema
HMC has built itself a solid global reputation in the offshore industry. Originally for the transportation and installation of fixed oil and gas platforms, standing on the seabed. And for the removal of old platforms at the end of their working life. But now, increasingly, we are helping the industry to push back its own boundaries. By enabling it to operate further and further from the coast, for example, and in ever deeper water.
Opening up opportunities at these extremes, where conditions are often very difficult, has required an exponential increase in the scale and complexity of the necessary infrastructure. This means that you will face new and even greater challenges, demanding your ingenious solutions and contractor mentality.